Friday, July 9, 2010

Review: ShiKai Biker Soap

Posted by Jack "Ghost Rider" Sweeney On June - 20 - 2010

Fixing bikes can be a grimy business…greasy chains, that black stuff from brake pads, road goo and the sticky residue that leaks out of waterbottles full of sports drink. Normally, I try to wear gloves when doing the really dirty tasks, but sometimes I get started before I remember to slip on a pair…and things get filthy fast.

Over the course of my working life, I’ve had my share of “dirty jobs”…construction and demolition, lots of factory jobs, working at a shipping port, even a brief stint in an automotive garage (gasp!). I’ve tried pretty much everything under the sun to clean my hands after a long day — from special soaps like GoJo and Lava to lanolin-based “Goop” to straight diesel fuel. Most of these types of products do a great job of cleaning, but they often leave hands dry and cracked as they strip away moisture from the skin. I’m always on the lookout for something that will get my hands clean but also keep them soft and supple…after all, I’ve got a baby to handle and I don’t want to scratch his tender skin with my rough, callused hands!

One of my coworkers turned me onto ShiKai’s “Biker Soap”. I was intrigued, so we sent an email to ShiKai to request a sample. A few days later, a box came in the mail containing a full-size pump bottle and a handful of trial-size bottles of Biker Soap. Closeted metrosexuals (like myself) and those who appreciate natural plant-based hair and skin products may be familiar with the ShiKai brand…they pack a lot of good stuff into their products and have a good philosophy in regard to their business practices.

Here’s a bit about the soap from ShiKai’s website:

–Quickly removes the toughest oils, grease and road dirt.

–Is gentle. Won’t damage or dry skin and will leave hands soft, smooth and moisturized.

–A natural cleanser which contains no drying agents or harsh chemicals, no pumice or abrasives.

–Gentle enough for the whole family to use everyday.

–Contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment